Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Next week is a big week for earnings, especially in the retail sector, Jim Cramer said on Mad Money Friday. With overall market negativity continuing, that means there are a lot of opportunities being created.
For Tuesday Cramer said he'd be a buyer of Home Depot (HD), TJX Stores (TJX) and Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) when they report. He even expects a bounce from Staples (SPLS), a stock he's disliked forever. However, the most important earnings of the quarter will come from Salesforce.com (CRM), Cramer said. If that stock does well and rallies, then other momentum names will likely follow.Wednesday brings earnings from Target (TGT), Lowe's (LOW) and Williams-Sonoma (WSM). Cramer was a fan of all three names. Next, on Thursday, it's Best Buy (BBY), GameStop (GME) and The Fresh Market (TFM) heading up Cramer's "don't buy" list. Cramer said he is a fan of Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) when it reports, however. Finally, on Friday, Foot Locker (FL) closes out the week. Cramer said this stock is already at its 52-week high, but he'd still pull the trigger if Dick's reports a strong number on Tuesday.
Speculation FridayFor "Speculation Friday," Cramer said investors who can't wait for the upcoming Alibaba initial public offering should consider another Chinese ecommerce player that's growing like a week, VipShop Holdings (VIPS). Cramer said VipShop is fast on its way to becoming to China's largest online discount retailer. The company employs a lucrative flash sale and group buying model and, thanks to the fact that VipShop buys most of its items on consignment, the company holds almost no inventory. If VipShop were in the U.S., Cramer said, the company would have tons of bricks-and-mortar competition. Not so in China, however, where the company stands alone.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV