HUM, WLP And UNH, 3 Health Services Stocks Pushing The Industry Lower
2. As of noon trading, WellPoint ( WLP) is down $0.63 (-0.6%) to $105.82 on light volume. Thus far, 875,494 shares of WellPoint exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $104.98-$106.40 after having opened the day at $106.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $106.45. WellPoint, Inc., a health benefits company, through its subsidiaries, provides a range of medical products in the United States. The company offers a spectrum of network-based managed care health benefit plans to large and small employer, individual, Medicaid, and senior markets. WellPoint has a market cap of $29.9 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 15.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate WellPoint a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates WellPoint as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full WellPoint Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts