Why JGWPT Holdings (JGW) Stock Is Tanking On Wednesday
NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Shares of JGWPT Holdings Inc.
(JGW) are plummeting -16.45% to $11.11 on Wednesday after the company said net income for the 2014 first quarter decreased to $34.5 million, from $89.7 million for the same period last year.
Adjusted net income was $10.1 million for the most recent quarter versus $23.5 million from the year ago quarter.
The company, which provides liquidity to customers by purchasing structured settlements, annuity and lottery payments streams, reported a 25.4% decline in revenue to $136.6 million, compared to $182.3 million from the 2013 first quarter.
"Our performance in the past quarter demonstrates improved results from the fourth quarter of 2013 and a strong balance sheet that will allow us to explore broader options to diversify our product offerings through acquisition opportunities and strategic joint ventures." said JGWPT CEO David Miller.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV