NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Pernix Therapeutics (PTX) soared more than 35% to a one-year high of $6.10 on Wednesday after the pharmaceutical company announced it would acquire the U.S rights to Treximet in an agreement with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).
Treximet is used for the acute treatment of migraine attacks with or without aura in adults. Pernix announces it expects the acquisition to close no later than Aug. 1.
Pernix also said it expects pro forma total revenue for the full year 2015 to exceed $230 million and sees EBTIDA margin greater than 40%.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The stock was up 32.71% to $5.68 at 12:02 p.m. Nearly 5 million shares had changed hands, well above the average volume of 393,211. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV