In the past, high voltage (HV) discrete device and product development consisted of a long, serial approach where technologies were developed in TCAD*, physical parts fabricated and packaged, measurements performed and an iterative calibration cycle launched.
As designers simulate application circuits with SPICE and not TCAD, application simulations are often performed and calibrated very late in the technology development process when the silicon-based SPICE model is finally available. Any new sized part in the technology or technology adjustment required another round of TCAD simulations, device fabrication, and measurements before a corresponding discrete SPICE model became available for application simulation.
Now, newly developed physically-based, scalable SPICE models that encapsulate the process technology are at the forefront of the design cycle. Designers, through the SPICE model, can simulate product performance prior to device fabrication, reducing design and fabrication cycles, leading to lower costs and faster time to market.
Fairchild has launched scalable, physical SPICE-level models for high voltage discrete technologies including:
- IGBTs (FS Trench 650 V)
- Super Junction FETs (600 V & 800 V SuperFET ® MOSFETs)
- HV Diodes (STEALTH™ I, II diodes, and HyperFast series)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV