DALEVILLE, Ind., May 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Jarden Home Brands, makers of Ball® brand home canning products, is making it easier than ever for consumers to partake in the year's hottest food trend, fresh preserving. No longer a niche homesteading practice, home canning is a mainstream culinary trend as food lovers nationwide seek to preserve the best local produce from their own gardens, farmers markets, CSAs and more. In fact, in the past year alone, enough Ball brand canning jars were produced to encircle more than 90% of the planet Earth 1! From new products including items to preserve fresh herbs to a partnership with James Beard award-winning chef and Bravo Top Chef judge Hugh Acheson, Jarden Home Brands is providing new and experienced preservers with a variety of ways to savor the season.
"Our goal is to simplify the preserving process so all consumers can enjoy fresh, local food for as long as possible," said Chris Carlisle, Vice President of Marketing at Jarden Home Brands. "Chef Acheson's passion for fresh preserving coupled with his mission to show Americans how easy, accessible and rewarding it can be to cook with fresh, whole foods makes him a natural partner for the brand."
Chef Acheson will serve as the host at the fourth annual Can-It-Forward Day on Saturday, August 16—an event that celebrates the joys of fresh preserving featuring a live webcast of home canning demonstrations on FreshPreserving.com.
To prepare for the 2014 canning season, Chef Acheson has also developed four new recipes that showcase a variety of ways to enjoy a summer canning favorite - fresh tomatoes. Starting with his recipe for Fresh Preserved Dilly Tomatoes, Chef Acheson then created three great ways to use them in recipes like Wheatberries with Feta and Dilly Tomatoes, Chopped Salad with Green Goddess Dressing and Briny Bloody Caesar. ( www.FreshPreserving.com)"Teaching home cooks how to make fresh preserving recipes allows them to enjoy local produce year round, whether from their favorite local farmer or own garden," said Acheson, author of new pickling swatchbook Pick a Pickle. "I'm excited to work with Jarden Home Brands to teach even more Americans the benefits of preserving seasonal ingredients to create healthy meals with fresh foods." In addition to its partnership with Chef Acheson, Jarden Home Brands is rolling out a number of new products to help consumers savor the tastes of spring and summer:
- Jarden Home brands is thrilled to unveil the second edition of its Heritage Collection Jar series, the Spring Green Perfection Jar, after the success of last year's vintage blue Perfect Mason Jar. Paying tribute to the original Perfection jars created in 1914 in Muncie, IN, the new Heritage Collection Jars feature a gorgeous green color with embossed logos on the front and back and maintain all of the modern standards for home canning. Like all Ball brand canning jars, the Heritage Collection Jars are Made in America and BPA-free.
- To add even more color to canners' collections, Jarden is releasing a line of Design Series Lids with Bands in two vibrant colors, green and blue. The BPA-free lids and bands are a great option for unique creations, gifts and home decor.
- A new culinary herb series, including Frozen Herb Starter trays for freezing fresh herbs and 5-Blade Herb Scissors for quick prep, allow cooks to conveniently process and store their fresh herbs for use immediately or beyond the growing season. Versatile Ball brand Herb Shaker lids can be attached to any Regular Mouth Ball brand canning jar for an easy way to store your dried herbs and season your favorite dishes.
- The Ball brand Drinking Mason Jars, in Wide Mouth 24oz and Regular Mouth 16oz, contain a convenient handle for enjoying your favorite beverage – such as Chef Acheson's Briny Bloody Caesar - out of a Ball brand mason jar.
- The brand new Ball brand Mason Jar Infuser allows consumers to flavor beverages in mason jars featuring a hanging basket that acts as a drink infuser. Add fresh herbs, lemon, limes and other creative infusions to add a hint of natural flavor to a variety of beverages, from water to spirits!
- For those looking for a spill-proof way to sip from their favorite Ball brand jars, the Ball Brand Sip & Straw lids fit perfectly on top of any Wide Mouth or Regular Mouth Ball brand jar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV