NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Coty Inc. (COTY) are up 4.60% to $16.15 after the beauty company and Avon Products, Inc. (AVP) announced today that they've entered into a partnership by which select Coty fragrances will be marketed and sold through Avon Brazil's network of 1.5 million independent sales representatives.
Brazil, Avon's largest market, is also the largest fragrance market globally.
Earlier, Coty reported a third quarter loss, compared with a profit a year earlier, affected by a charge related to its skin and body care business in China.
The company posted a net loss of $253.3 million, or 66 cents per share, compared to a profit of $20.4 million, or 5 cents per share, last year.
The company recorded a non-cash asset impairment charge of $316.9 million after its efforts to revamp its TJoy business in China did not produce expected cash flows, Reuters reports.
Net revenue increased about 1% percent to $1.01 billion.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV