First, Newcastle a company that operates as a real estate investment trust. Its stock traded positive on Tuesday, closing up 2.42% to $4.66 per share.
- Tuesday's range: 4.53 - 4.67
- 52-week range: 3.95 - 5.04
- Tuesday's volume: 4,556,287
- Three-month average volume: 4,090,290
Newcastle became a "rounded bottom breakout" when it closed over the 50-day simple moving average yesterday. The stock has been in a short-term uptrend since the company reported earnings.
Yesterday, shares closed over near-term resistance levels and over the major moving averages. We'll need to see continued strength today. There is some overhead resistance at $4.81, and then again at the gap down that occurred on Feb. 14.The gap resistance starts at $4.98 and goes all the way to $5.75, but the rule of gaps is that they always close. I am long Newcastle as of yesterday. I'd suggest an entry anywhere over the 50-day simple moving average, above $4.61. I'd set my stop at about $4.50, which is just below the 20-day simple moving average. My first target is the 200-day simple moving average, which is almost 14% higher than yesterday's close. Next, target the top of the gap down at $5.75, which is almost 19% higher from yesterday's close. Stay long until you see a confirmed sell signal or a close below the t-line.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV