NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Autodesk Inc. (ADSK - Get Report) was upgraded to "buy" from "hold" at Canaccord Genuity today, the firm said it changed its rating for the design software and services company due to its positive commercial construction trends.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates AUTODESK INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate AUTODESK INC (ADSK) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $183.50 million or 17.93% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AUTODESK INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 9.47%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.33, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 2.51 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- AUTODESK INC's earnings per share declined by 28.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AUTODESK INC reported lower earnings of $0.99 versus $1.07 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.14 versus $0.99).
- ADSK, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ADSK Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts