BEVERLY, Mass., May 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Axcelis Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACLS), a leading supplier of enabling ion implantation solutions for the semiconductor industry, announced today that the shareholders have elected Arthur L. George, Jr and Barbara J. Lundberg to the Company's Board of Directors.
"We are pleased to welcome Arthur and Barbara to the Axcelis board," said CEO and Chairman Mary Puma. "We believe their combined experience in technology, strategy and finance will be a tremendous asset to Axcelis as we continue to transform our business and the implant industry."
Mr. George has had a 30 year career at Texas Instruments, one of the world's largest semiconductor companies and a highly innovative, high performing global leader in analog, embedded processing and wireless technologies. Until recently, Mr. George served as Senior Vice President and Manager of TI's Analog Engineering Operations, a position he held since 2010. Prior to this Mr. George served as Senior Vice President and General Manager of TI's High Performance Analog business unit. In addition to Axcelis, Mr. George also serves on the Board of Directors of Nordson Corporation, a manufacturer of precision dispensing equipment.
Ms. Lundberg has over thirty years of significant executive experience across multiple industries as well as the financial sector. From 2012 to 2013, Ms. Lundberg served as CEO and Vice Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Tele-Fonika Kable, one of the largest cable manufacturers in Europe. Prior to that, Ms. Lundberg was a consultant with Kolaja & Partners, now part of Alvarez & Marsal. Between 1999 and 2001, Ms. Lundberg was CEO of Elektrim S.A., a multi-industry conglomerate and one of the largest companies in Poland. She also served as Executive Vice President of the Polish American Enterprise Fund and was co-founder of Enterprise Investors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV