Infographic: Mobile Loyalty Audit Results, Year 2 - A New WDS, A Xerox Company, Survey Of 4,000 Mobile Subscribers Shows That 25 Percent Will Stay With Their Mobile Carrier Because It's Too Inconvenient To Switch. (Graphic: Business Wire)
In a recent survey of 4,000 mobile subscribers a quarter said they stay with their mobile carrier because it’s too inconvenient to switch, according to a new study by WDS, A Xerox (NYSE: XRX) Company.
The Mobile Loyalty Audit 2014, an annual report coordinated in partnership with MobileSquared and GMI, indicated that carriers are misinterpreting satisfaction metrics, overestimating customer loyalty and, therefore, misdirecting investment in customer retention.
Customer retention budgets have little impact
There is very little evidence to suggest that retention is being driven by proactive investment by mobile service providers, or that current allocated retention budgets are having any meaningful impact, according to the survey which reveals:
- More than a quarter of customers interviewed (26 percent) admit that the only reason they stay with their current provider is that switching is “inconvenient.”
- 15 percent believe that all mobile carriers are the same and that they see no benefit in switching.
- Over a third (35 percent) do not want to risk changing carriers for fear of losing coverage.
- 55 percent of retained customers say that they stay because their current carrier meets their service expectations.
- Just 16 percent of mobile consumers feel rewarded for their loyalty.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV