LATHAM, N.Y., May 14, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Plug Power Inc. (Nasdaq:PLUG), a leader in providing clean, reliable energy solutions, today reported its 2014 first quarter results. Some significant accomplishments in the first quarter include:
- Broad Customer Acceptance of GenKey: Plug Power has closed GenKey deals with such customers as Kroger, Walmart, Volkswagen and Central Grocers during the quarter. GenKey is Plug Power's turnkey hydrogen fuel cell solution intended to simplify the transition to fuel cells for the customer. The first GenKey site is scheduled to be deployed this month with Walmart in Pottsville, Pennsylvania.
- Enhanced Balance Sheet: As of May 14, 2014, Plug Power has $174M in cash on its balance sheet to support business growth. With this funding, Plug Power intends to leverage opportunities to increase revenue and margins through strategic investments in areas such as stack development.
- Focus on hydrogen generation and distribution opportunities: The Company views hydrogen generation and distribution as critical to expand margins and increase revenue in the future. Some of the recent funding may be used to provide capital to fund projects supporting this activity .
Already to date in 2014, Plug Power has over $80M in bookings – double the bookings from 2013. Plug Power attributes this increased growth to the successful launch of its GenKey business. The company expects to ship over 650 GenDrive units in the second quarter.
"We are focused on building a large profitable company," said Andy Marsh, CEO at Plug Power Inc. "Investments in the sales team, hydrogen generation, hydrogen distribution, geographic expansion and stack technologies are just some of the steps being taken by Plug Power today to build our future. We are targeting over $70 M in revenue for 2014, but these steps are expected to accelerate growth in the upcoming years."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts