WALLDORF, Germany, May 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced that it will be a Code for America Brigade sponsor in 2014, partnering with the developer community and connecting the grassroots skills and energy of more than 3,000 volunteers worldwide to SAP technology and innovation, including free developer access. The sponsorship will benefit SAP public sector customers, particularly urban and municipal governments, and supports the SAP® Urban Matters initiative.
Code for America is a San Francisco-based non-profit organization that helps residents and governments harness technology to solve community problems. The organization has a track record of successfully collaborating with city governments and volunteers to unlock the power of municipal data for the benefit of everyone. A key player in the "civic hacktivism" movement, Code for America now works with cities across the United States and in Japan, Mexico and Poland.
"The true power of the SAP HANA platform can only be realized when we empower our ecosystem to develop entire new applications with the power of our technologies," said Ingrid Van Den Hoogen, senior vice president, Products & Innovation, SAP AG. "Working with Code for America, we will be able to tap into the endless opportunities we have to solve the world's problems with software and amplifying human abilities."
As an ecosystem of developers and startups rapidly develops around SAP technologies, SAP envisions empowering an ecosystem of customers, partners and developers to build entirely new applications powered by its technologies in the cloud. SAP recognizes the importance of providing easy access to the SAP HANA® platform and is working to cross-pollinate every area of its business with external technical creativity and talent. The Code for America relationship and the civic hackathons it will involve are an important step in achieving this vision.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV