LONDON, May 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Hardy Underwriting announced today that Craig Bennett has agreed to join the group to head up casualty underwriting and plans to start in late October/early November. In this new role, Craig will develop and execute a casualty strategy for Hardy, primarily focused on UK and international risks.
Commenting on the appointment, David Brosnan, Chief Executive, Hardy said:
"This is very exciting news for Hardy as we move into the casualty arena. Diversifying our book will drive profitable growth as we continue to build our brand globally."
Craig has 28 years of industry experience and a solid record in the casualty space. Most recently, he served as Director of Casualty and Motor for QBE European Operations where he was responsible for the ongoing development of a portfolio of Casualty and Motor business and managed a team of over 100 underwriting and support staff. Prior to that, he served as Head of UK & Ireland, QBE Insurance and as Underwriter, QBE Syndicate 386.Also commenting was Patrick Gage, Director of Underwriting, Hardy: "Craig's extensive underwriting and leadership experience, coupled with an excellent market following makes him a tremendous asset for our team." Notes to Editors: About Hardy Underwriting Hardy is a specialist underwriting business operating within Lloyd's of London. Its business has been built around its management of and participation on Lloyd's syndicate 382, which underwrites a range of insurance and reinsurance classes on a worldwide basis. Further information on Hardy is available at the Group's website: www.hardygroup.bm. Hardy was acquired by CNA Financial Corporation (NYSE: CNA) in July 2012 but will continue to operate under its own brand and its existing leadership team. Media contact Kate Murphy +44 020 7395 7176 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Hardy Underwriting
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV