The Tea Party, on the other hand, doesn't want to tax foreign earnings at all, according to Delaney.
Delaney said last week he hopes the pending insolvency of the U.S. Highway Trust Fund will be an added incentive to get Congress to focus on his legislation. The fund pays for "90% of the transportation projects in the country," according to Delaney.
"What I'm saying is let's take the support of my bill and do something even bigger: not only to create the infrastructure bank that I want to create but also to prefund the highway trust fund for six years."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV