3 Stocks Pushing The Energy Industry Lower
- BKEP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- 37.16% is the gross profit margin for BLUEKNIGHT ENERGY PRTNRS LP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of BKEP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BKEP's net profit margin of 8.38% compares favorably to the industry average.
- BLUEKNIGHT ENERGY PRTNRS LP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BLUEKNIGHT ENERGY PRTNRS LP increased its bottom line by earning $0.43 versus $0.32 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 34.9% in earnings ($0.28 versus $0.43).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 35.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $6.02 million to $3.89 million.
- In its most recent trading session, BKEP has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts