3 Stocks Boosting The Retail Industry Higher
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Specialty Retail industry. The net income has decreased by 13.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$19.86 million to -$22.54 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 4.78 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.24, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, PACIFIC SUNWEAR CALIF INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for PACIFIC SUNWEAR CALIF INC is rather low; currently it is at 22.77%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -10.31% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $13.39 million or 52.30% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.