3 Stocks Pushing The Diversified Services Industry Lower
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.The Diversified Services industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9% versus the S&P 500, which was unchanged. Laggards within the Diversified Services industry included UniTek Global Services (UNTK), down 5.0%, DLH Holdings (DLHC), down 4.3%, National American University Holdings (NAUH), down 2.1%, Ambassadors Group (EPAX), down 1.9% and AeroCentury (ACY), down 2.2%.TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today:Ambassadors Group (EPAX) is one of the companies that pushed the Diversified Services industry lower today. Ambassadors Group was down $0.07 (1.9%) to $3.69 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 114,200 shares of Ambassadors Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $3.62-$3.98 after having opened the day at $3.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.76. Ambassadors Group, Inc., an educational company, organizes and promotes worldwide educational travel programs for students and professional. The company's Ambassador Programs and Other segment offers educational travel services to students and professionals. Ambassadors Group has a market cap of $63.9 million and is part of the services sector. Shares are down 19.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreet Ratings rates Ambassadors Group as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share.Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on EPAX go as follows:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, AMBASSADORS GROUP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $19.37 million or 3.80% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow AMBASSADORS GROUP INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -22.05%.
- AMBASSADORS GROUP INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMBASSADORS GROUP INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.41 versus $0.09 in the prior year.
- In its most recent trading session, EPAX has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Regardless of the rise in share value over the previous year, we feel that the risks involved in investing in this stock do not compensate for any future upside potential.
- EPAX, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 3.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 51.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV