ST. LOUIS, May 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Peabody Energy (NYSE: BTU) today announced that it has entered into a sale and purchase agreement with Singapore-based Bentley Resources to sell its Wilkie Creek Mine in Queensland's Surat Basin for approximately US$70 million in cash and the assumption of rail/port obligations and other liabilities, with closing subject to certain conditions.
Wilkie Creek has been closed since December 2013.
Peabody Energy is the world's largest private-sector coal company and a global leader in sustainable mining, energy access and clean coal solutions. For further information, visit to PeabodyEnergy.com and AdvancedEnergyForLife.com.
CONTACT: Chris Curran+1-314-637-8273
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV