3M Chairman, President and CEO Inge G. Thulin today highlighted 3M’s strong 2013 performance while emphasizing the company’s investments and progress to continue its momentum into the future. Thulin addressed 3M’s 2014 Annual Meeting of Shareholders at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas.
“Last year we gained momentum and continued building the company,” said Thulin. He pointed to the company’s 2013 organic local currency growth of 3.4 percent and operating margins of nearly 22 percent while highlighting 3M’s investment approaching $2 billion in research and development.
“Research and development is the heartbeat of 3M and ensures that we will continue to create value for our customers and shareholders,” Thulin said. “We will continue to create value for our shareholders by focusing on portfolio management, business transformation, and innovation.”
Preliminary Shareholder Voting Results3M shareholders today elected each of the nine nominees to the company’s Board of Directors for a one-year term that expires at the 2015 Annual Meeting by the vote of the majority of votes cast:
- Linda G. Alvarado, president and CEO, Alvarado Construction Inc.
- Thomas “Tony” K. Brown, retired group vice president, Global Purchasing, Ford Motor Co.
- Vance D. Coffman, retired chairman of the board and CEO, Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Michael L. Eskew, retired chairman of the board and CEO, United Parcel Service Inc.
- Herbert L. Henkel, retired chairman of the board and CEO, Ingersoll-Rand plc
- Muhtar Kent, chairman of the board and CEO, The Coca-Cola Company
- Edward M. Liddy, retired chairman of the board and CEO, The Allstate Corp., and current partner, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice LLC
- Inge G. Thulin, chairman of the board, president and CEO, 3M Co.
- Robert J. Ulrich, retired chairman of the board and CEO, Target Corp.