Zoetis Inc. (NYSE:ZTS) marked another milestone in the company’s launch as an independent public company today, conducting its first-ever Annual Meeting of Shareholders. The company, which became fully independent in June 2013 after completing its separation from Pfizer, hosted the event this morning at the Hilton Short Hills Hotel, in Short Hills, New Jersey.
Zoetis CEO Juan Ramon Alaix speaking at the 2014 Annual Meeting of Shareholders.
Zoetis Chairman Michael McCallister presided over the business portion of the meeting and shareholder voting. He was joined by Zoetis Chief Executive Officer Juan Ramón Alaix who discussed the company’s first year as an independent company, the core strengths of its business model, and its long-term value proposition for shareholders.
A full replay of the meeting is available at http://investor.zoetis.com/events-presentations, along with a copy of Mr. Alaix’s prepared remarks and presentation.
Preliminary results from the Annual Meeting of Shareholders indicate the following results of shareholder voting:
- Gregory Norden, Louise M. Parent and Robert W. Scully have been elected as directors for three-year terms.
- Shareholders ratified and approved the selection of KPMG LLP as the company’s independent registered public accounting firm for the 2014 fiscal year.
- Shareholders voted to approve, on an advisory basis, the compensation of the company’s named executive officers, and to approve the holding of an advisory vote on executive compensation every year. In addition, shareholders voted to approve the company’s 2013 Equity and Incentive Plan.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV