In most self-deprecating fashion, Domino's outed itself. Michael Sam-style. In hyper public fashion. But, of course, we all knew. Nobody was surprised to hear that Domino's pizza stunk. It stuck to the box. It tasted like cardboard. It wasn't worthy of table scraps for the dog. No shocker -- probably akin to the response Michael Sam received from his teammates at Missouri when he came out. Ok, Mike ... any other "bombshells" for us ... let's move on.
And they have. Just like Domino's did. Microsoft (MSFT) needs to take a page out of this book.
It doesn't need to keep shoving the Surface tablet down our collective throat. During the NBA Playoffs, I saw a commercial for the failed device's latest iteration. And it makes me wonder about all the love the tech and financial media's spewing at Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. If this guy has his finger on the pulse of Microsoft, he knows the company failed with consumers like Donald Sterling failed with "the Black people" (thanks Anderson Cooper!!) long ago.
While human beings don't necessarily hate Microsoft hardware (and its entrenched and equally as unwieldy software) as much as they did, say, Domino's Pizza or do cable, they sport apathy towards it at best. Nobody gets excited about Microsoft stuff. It's not aspirational. It's not sexy. It doesn't even work that well. It's simply, in some corners of life, a sad utilitarian requirement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV