3 Stocks Underperforming Today In The Industrial Industry
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
One out of the three major indices are trading lower today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) trading up 24 points (0.1%) at 16,720 as of Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 12:55 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,382 issues advancing vs. 1,595 declining with 161 unchanged.
TheStreet would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the industry lower today:
3. Tenaris (TS) is one of the companies pushing the Industrial industry lower today. As of noon trading, Tenaris is down $0.47 (-1.1%) to $44.05 on average volume. Thus far, 449,358 shares of Tenaris exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $43.87-$44.19 after having opened the day at $44.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.52.
Tenaris S.A., through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the steel pipe manufacturing and distribution activities. Tenaris has a market cap of $26.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. Shares are up 1.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Tenaris a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
TheStreet Ratings rates Tenaris as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Tenaris Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts