NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Telik (TELK) soared Tuesday after Monday's announcement that the oncology drug development company had entered into a definitive merger agreement with privately held MabVax Therapeutics.
The two companies will combine into a publicly-traded company via an all-stock transaction. The new company will focus on "the development of proprietary immunotherapy-based products to diagnose and treat cancer," according to a press release.
The new company will be known as MabVax Therapeutics Holdings and the MabVax management team will lead it. J. David Hansen, President and CEO of MabVax, will serve as President, CEO, and Chairman of the Board of the new company. Michael M. Wick, M.D., Ph.D., who currently serves as President and CEO of Telik, will remain on the board.
Must Read: Telik, Biotech Pariah, Finally DiedSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The stock was up 27.28% to $1.59 at noon. For more on Telik, read TheStreet's Adam Feuerstein's article here. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV