NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Rice Energy (RICE) shares are climbing, up 3.6% to $29.90, on Tuesday following the release of the company's first quarter earnings results.
The company reported revenue of $90.46 million, well ahead of analysts consensus estimate of $76.6 million.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
The independent oil and gas company reported net income of $124.1 million, or 99 cents per diluted share, also ahead of analysts 13 cents per share estimates.
The large gap in analysts expectations can partially be attributed to the company going public in January, raising $924 million from its IPO.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV