BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Yesterday's big leg up for long-suffering tech stocks is sending an important message to investors to start the week: The tech correction could be coming to an end.
All the big indices that got punished the hardest over the last two months ended up getting bid the highest in Monday's session. Two big examples are the Nasdaq Composite, which climbed 1.8% between the open and close, and the small-cap centric Russell 2000 rallied a whopping 2.4%. A return to tech sector leadership is presenting an interesting opportunity for traders too; with attractive setups getting ready to break out in a growing number of tech names in May, investors should give this convalescing space a second look.That's why we're taking a closer look at the technical setups in five big technology sector charts today. For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>5 Toxic Stocks to Sell Before They Drop Without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV