ATLANTA, May 13, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In 2012, 8-year-old Vivienne Harr set up her lemonade stand, attempting to raise $100,000 for organizations making an impact on worldwide child slavery; she accomplished her goal in 173 days. Two years later, she, her business partner and father, Eric Harr, and their team at Make a Stand, Inc. - a new certified b corporation - have grown her lemonade stand into a fair trade business dedicated to responsible business practices that benefit suppliers and customers while earning her a place on the global stage.
"When I set up my lemonade stand, I knew that one person could make a difference," said Ms. Harr, founder. "Having companies like UPS make a stand with us means we can make a stand for even more kids." Like her business, Vivenne, now 10, has grown the past two years, and she is now a requested motivational speaker, a social media influencer (@vivienneharr, #standwithme) and an author, Make A Stand: "When Life Gives you Lemons, Change the World!"
To kick off Small Business Week, May 12-16, 2014, UPS (NYSE:UPS) is partnering with Make A Stand and will donate one dollar to the Make A Stand Foundation for every bottle of the company's branded "lemon-aid" sold from May 13 to Dec. 31, 2014 1.UPS provides Make A Stand, and thousands of other ambitious small businesses, tailored expertise and logistics solutions to help them achieve their dreams. As a result, Vivienne and Eric Harr can more easily pursue direct-to-consumer sales through the company's website and Vivienne can focus more time on the philanthropic mission. "Make A Stand started as more than a business, and we truly appreciate UPS's generous donation to our cause," said Mr. Harr, Make A Stand CEO. "With each bottle we sell, we help a child, and working with UPS helps us deliver our product and our promise."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV