The aerospace company overcame the impact of higher costs for its new A350 jet, which remains on track for a late-2014 debut, and after it issued an upbeat report on A350 testing and exceeded profit forecasts by about 10%, Reuters reports.
First quarter operating income before one-off items fell by a smaller than expected 4.6% to 700 million euros, or $963 million, as revenue increased 5% to 12.6 billion, and analysts said it had improved execution on key programs, Reuters said.
Analysts were on average expecting underlying quarterly operating income to decline 13%t to 644 million euros on revenue of 12.4 billion, according to a poll carried out for Reuters.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV