The firm said it changed its rating on the post-secondary education services company following weaker than expected 2014 first quarter results.
"We do not think BPI is a "buy," we just no longer think it is a sell. Our hold rating reflects low relative EV/student valuation offset by recent operating losses and accounting issues," Deutsche Bank said.
- 46.19% is the gross profit margin for BRIDGEPOINT EDUCATION INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of BPI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BPI's net profit margin of -3.95% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Consumer Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 135.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $18.37 million to -$6.46 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $21.26 million or 57.13% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BPI Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts