PORTLAND, Ore., May 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Horizon Air has named Lacey Pittman to the newly created position of managing director of safety. In her new role, Pittman will spearhead Horizon's cross-divisional efforts toward safety and work closely with the Federal Aviation Administration in its regulatory oversight role. She previously served as director of safety for the airline.
Pittman joined Horizon Air in 2003 as a first officer piloting the airline's Bombardier Q200 aircraft. She was later named one of the company's assistant chief pilots, and in April 2012 Pittman was promoted to director of safety. She maintains her qualifications as a Q400 captain and routinely flies trips, in addition to serving in the airline's safety leadership.
"Lacey's position is critical to ensuring the safe operation of all of our flights and operations, which is the most important element of Horizon's mission," Horizon Air President Glenn Johnson said. "Her role has expanded and evolved, and as managing director she'll help us take safety to an even higher level at Horizon."
Before joining Horizon, Pittman was a pilot and safety officer for the aviation branch of the United Nations, flying aid and support into refugee camps in the Republic of Guinea.Horizon Air is a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group and flies to 42 cities across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Alaska Airlines, a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK), together with its partner regional airlines, serves nearly 100 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. For reservations, visit www.alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines Newsroom at www.alaskaair.com/newsroom. SOURCE Alaska Air Group
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV