Through Regions, small businesses nationwide have access to helpful articles and calculators that can help businesses create, plan and manage a successful business.
“Small businesses are at the core of the communities we serve and Regions is committed to assisting small business owners in whatever way possible – from offering free, online advice to employing specialized bankers who offer unique perspectives and solutions,” said Joe DiNicolantonio, head of business banking for Regions.
Regions has provided top tips from its Business Resource Center in celebration of the national focus on small business.
- Use Technology to Improve Cash Flow - Cash is the lifeblood of any business, so it is essential to have the cash you need on hand when you need it. Treasury management, along with technology, improves cash flow and helps companies troubleshoot some of the most common cash flow mistakes, such as poor monitoring, making payments all at once and not having cash available in the right place at the right time.
- Find a Better Way to Budget – Budgeting can be one of the most difficult tasks a business owner faces – and rightfully so, it’s hard to predict the future. So why not start with a bottom-up budget? Begin, rather than end, with the desired results, working your way up to what you need to hit your goals.
- Know Your Ratios – There are four key ratios that business owners need to keep in mind at all times – liquidity, asset, debt, and profit. These ratios can tell you more about your business as they identify trends better than an individual measurement.
- Employees are Key to Optimizing Operations – Optimizing a company’s operations, whether it sells a product or a service, is as much a change in philosophy as it is a change in practice. Continuous improvements don’t begin on the shop floor or in the delivery truck; they begin in the corner office, so take the necessary steps to ensure you are getting the most from your employees.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV