- Use Technology to Improve Cash Flow - Cash is the lifeblood of any business, so it is essential to have the cash you need on hand when you need it. Treasury management, along with technology, improves cash flow and helps companies troubleshoot some of the most common cash flow mistakes, such as poor monitoring, making payments all at once and not having cash available in the right place at the right time.
- Find a Better Way to Budget – Budgeting can be one of the most difficult tasks a business owner faces – and rightfully so, it’s hard to predict the future. So why not start with a bottom-up budget? Begin, rather than end, with the desired results, working your way up to what you need to hit your goals.
- Know Your Ratios – There are four key ratios that business owners need to keep in mind at all times – liquidity, asset, debt, and profit. These ratios can tell you more about your business as they identify trends better than an individual measurement.
- Employees are Key to Optimizing Operations – Optimizing a company’s operations, whether it sells a product or a service, is as much a change in philosophy as it is a change in practice. Continuous improvements don’t begin on the shop floor or in the delivery truck; they begin in the corner office, so take the necessary steps to ensure you are getting the most from your employees.
Regions Bank Offers Resources For Small Businesses During National Small Business Week
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.