Update (9:44 a.m.): Updated with Tuesday market open information.
The stock was down 0.15% to $61.03 at 9:42 a.m. on Tuesday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. ---------- Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates GULFPORT ENERGY CORP as a "buy" with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate GULFPORT ENERGY CORP (GPOR) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- GPOR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 114.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for GULFPORT ENERGY CORP is currently very high, coming in at 77.64%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 70.04% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 346.05% to $156.15 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GULFPORT ENERGY CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 16.30%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 85.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $44.56 million to $82.56 million.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GPOR Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts