Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- HALO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.3 million.
- HALO traded 169,894 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:37 AM, representing 10.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HALO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HALO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HALO: Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, researches, develops, and commercializes human enzymes. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Halozyme Therapeutics a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Halozyme Therapeutics has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Halozyme has a market cap of $882.6 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.97 and a short float of 14.6% with 9.54 days to cover. Shares are down 50.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Halozyme Therapeutics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 399.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$4.41 million to -$21.99 million.
- HALOZYME THERAPEUTICS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HALOZYME THERAPEUTICS INC reported poor results of -$0.73 versus -$0.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.45 versus -$0.73).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 25.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 42.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago, the stock is now trading at a higher level, and has traded in line with the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$15.22 million or 10.04% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -30.98%.
- You can view the full Halozyme Therapeutics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.