- Elaine Weidman-Grunewald, Vice President and Head of Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility, is appointed to Ericsson's Global Leadership Team, effective May 7, 2014
- In addition to current responsibilities, Weidman-Grunewald will also assume role as -Head of Ericsson Response, the company's volunteer emergency response organization, which will become part of Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility
- Sustainability and CR is increasingly important to and an integrated part of Ericsson's business strategy
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, May 13, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ericsson (Nasdaq:ERIC) has appointed Elaine Weidman-Grunewald, Vice President and Head of Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility (CR) to Ericsson's Global Leadership team, effective May 7, 2014. In addition, Weidman-Grunewald will also assume the role as Head of Ericsson Response, which will become part of Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility.
Hans Vestberg, President and CEO, Ericsson, says: "Sustainability and CR is increasingly integrated into our business strategy. I firmly believe that this enhances our competitiveness, and that the actions we take today will enable positive business outcomes in the future. With the appointment of Elaine to our Global Leadership Team we are reinforcing the importance we place on robust governance and processes in place to conduct business sustainably and responsibly."
There is increasing evidence that broadband, mobility and the cloud are creating the Networked Society - where anything that can benefit from being connected will be connected in the future. In this changing world, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is a powerful lever for advancing sustainable development. Millions are benefitting from the unprecedented growth in connectivity. Broadband is optimizing delivery of education and health care, fostering financial and social inclusion, and reinventing cities with intelligent grids, smart transportation and more.Ericsson Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility focuses on three key areas: Conducting Business Responsibility, Environment and Climate Change, and Technology for Good. Weidman-Grunewald said: "I look forward to further strengthening Ericsson's focus on Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility at the global leadership level, where we can continue to drive and develop our responsible business approach toward many stakeholders. At the same time I see great opportunity to drive development of sustainable solutions for our customers while making a positive impact in communities across the globe."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV