- Ericsson will be the prime integrator for the smart parking and smart lighting in the Águas de São Pedro digital city project in São Paolo, Brazil
- Ericsson is facilitating systems integration to deliver and integrate these smart solutions across Telefônica Vivo's network
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, May 13, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ericsson (Nasdaq:ERIC) has been chosen by Telefônica Vivo to integrate the smart parking and smart lighting for its digital city project in Águas de São Pedro, Brazil. Collaborating with leading technology partners, Ericsson will be responsible for providing smart lighting and smart parking solutions and for system integration. The design, installation and rollout of the project are all included in the scope of the agreement, as is responsibility for managed services, including operations and maintenance, once it has been rolled out.
As part of the smart lighting project, Ericsson will deliver and install a solution enabling the public energy system to remotely control and monitor the energy consumption of each light point, switching lighting on and off where necessary.
Remote monitoring will report any faults that occur and allow for remote maintenance to be carried out, leading to savings and cost effective operation as well as contributing to environmental sustainability.Antonio Carlos Valente, president of Telefônica Group says: "The digital city project in Águas de São Pedro is one of our most exciting initiatives in Brazil. We are happy to continue our close relationship with Ericsson around the globe to deliver this important project in Brazil." Eduardo Ricotta, Vice President, Latin America at Ericsson says: "The explosive growth of cities and the rapid uptake of broadband are happening at the same time as the world faces economic and environmental challenges. To ensure that our cities become creative, connected and sustainable is a challenge but also a tremendous opportunity. The smart parking project is a fantastic example of one such opportunity and an example of what we can do in the future, especially at Águas de São Pedro, the first digital city in Brazil."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV