Updated from 9:19 a.m. to include additional RSI information on Facebook and LinkedIn.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- If you've been following the markets, you know that tech stocks have dropped sharply in recent weeks. Whether it's concerns over revenue growth, a lack of users, or the possibility of recession, tech stocks have taken a beating.
High momentum names, which include social media stocks, have been thrashed since the early part of March as portfolio managers simply don't want to own these stocks, even if their earnings and outlooks are good. But there may be hope for some of these companies, particularly ones that have been beaten up drastically, as investors begin to reassess value to determine whether it's worthwhile owning some of these equities, albeit at much lower prices.
Of the social media names that have fallen sharply, the one that sticks out to me is Twitter (TWTR). The stock closed Monday at $33.94; it traded near $75 in December 2013. Since then, Wall Street has bludgeoned the stock on two earnings reports, not because of missed earnings but because of slower-than-expected user growth and the concern that Twitter is a niche company.Given this, and a slew of other facts, Twitter may be a good buy at these levels, particularly if you think Twitter's platform isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and the company's efforts to not only increase user growth but engagement as well will pay off in a big way. Here are several reasons why Twitter shares may be a good buy at these levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV