Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) has been recognized with the PackTheFuture 2014 Award for Sustainable Plastic Packaging for the PackH2O water backpack. The award was presented at Interpack 2014. This product is manufactured by Greif Flexible Products and Services, which is a joint venture of Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B), the world leader in industrial packaging, and National Scientific Company Limited (NSC), a Dabbagh Group company.
The PackH2O water backpack was designed by Greif, Inc. to provide a cleaner, safer alternative to the often contaminated jerry cans and buckets used by women in developing countries to carry water from source to home. More than 100,000 PackH2Os have been distributed in more than 25 countries in collaboration with several charitable organizations, including Habitat for Humanity International as part of the organization’s disaster relief efforts and Partners for Care to improve health outcomes of people living in remote regions of Kenya.
Scientifically and field tested, PackH2O is a for-purpose collapsible backpack made from industrial-grade woven polypropylene. The PackH2O water backpack holds 5.3 gallons (20 liters), but is seven times lighter than a jerry can. Other design features include:
- An ergonomic, gender-neutral design with adjustable shoulder straps
- A removable liner that can be sanitized in the sun
- A roll-down closure to reduce contamination and protected spout to keep water clean for drinking
- Affordable pricing to create micro-entrepreneur opportunities for communities in developing countries
“Greif is honored to receive this inaugural PackTheFuture award for the PackH2O. At Greif, we understand how packaging innovation can improve the lives of the billions of people who struggle every day to get clean water from source to home. This award also honors the work of our partners around the world who are getting the PackH2O into the hands of people who need it now,” said Ivan Signorelli, Group President of Rigid Industrial Packaging & Services - Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts