FREMONT, Calif., May 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Digital Power Corporation (NYSE Amex: DPW) today announced its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2014.
Digital Power's revenues for the first quarter ended March 31, 2014 were $2,037,000, a decrease of 6.9% from revenues of $2,189,000 for the same quarter ended March 31, 2013. The Company recorded an operating loss of $155,000 for the quarter ended on March 31, 2014 compared to an operating profit of $14,000 for the quarter ended on March 31, 2013. In addition:
- The Company recorded a net loss of $158,000 for the quarter ended March 31, 2014 compared to a net profit of $107,000 for the quarter ended March 31, 2013 as a result of the operating loss in 2014 and other income in 2013 which was not recognized in 2014.
- Gross margin in the first quarter ended March 31, 2014 was 37.4% compared to 37.8% for the quarter ended March 31, 2013.
- Operating expenses were $917,000 for the quarter ended March 31, 2014 compared to $814,000 for the quarter ended March 31, 2013. The increase in operating expenses was the result of headcount additions in the Company's direct sales force along with certain nonrecurring outside service and consulting costs.
Commenting on the results, President and CEO, Amos Kohn, stated: "We experienced a decrease in our defense revenue for the first quarter of 2014 versus the prior year as a result of a decline in the number of closed projects during the quarter which contributed most of the revenue variance from year to year. We have added additional direct sales management in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2014 which increased our operating expenses but which we believe necessary to expand our target market and to help accommodate our product expansion plan."
Mr. Kohn continued:
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts