NORTHBROOK, Ill., May 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In honor of National Small Business Week ( May 12 to May 16), Allstate Insurance Company recently surveyed small-business owners across the U.S. Among the key findings are the "Top Five Things Keeping Small Business Owners Up at Night."
"Small-business owners struggle with many of the same issues as big business, but with minimal resources to make 'the business of doing business' happen fluidly," said Mike Barton, president of Allstate Business Insurance. "Allstate is sharing their concerns to help ease the process and bring greater understanding of the challenges they're facing."
There are more than 28 million small businesses in America that employ about one-third of the workforce. Trends indicate the number of small businesses has increased about 50 percent since 1982, and are responsible for adding about eight million jobs to the U.S. economy. According to the Allstate survey, nearly half of small businesses intend to grow in the next year with about one-third of small businesses adding staff.
The "Top Five Things Keeping Small-Business Owners Up at Night" are:
- Functionality and reliability of technology to run the business
- Taxes, government regulations and healthcare reform
- Financing, with decreasing ability to acquire funds year-over-year
- Customer acquisition and retention
- Talent management, including recruiting and retaining staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV