3 Chemicals Stocks Pushing The Industry Higher
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Chemicals industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 4.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1.19 million to $1.24 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 92.12% to -$0.28 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PENFORD CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 20.88%.
- PENFORD CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PENFORD CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.32 versus -$0.77 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.52 versus $0.32).
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- The gross profit margin for PENFORD CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.59%. Regardless of PENX's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PENX's net profit margin of 1.16% is significantly lower than the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts