NEW YORK, May 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- NorthStar Realty Finance Corp. (NYSE: NRF) (the "Company") announced today that it has commenced an underwritten public offering of 30 million shares of common stock. The Company expects to grant the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to 4.5 million additional shares of common stock.
Deutsche Bank Securities and UBS Investment Bank are acting as the joint book-running managers of the offering.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds of the offering for general corporate purposes, including the repurchase or repayment of its liabilities, as well as potentially in connection with the following recently announced transactions, all of which are currently under contract:
- the acquisition through a joint venture of a $1.0 billion hotel portfolio;
- the acquisition of a €50 million minority interest in Aerium Group, an established European real estate investment manager specializing in commercial real estate properties; and
- a $167 million preferred and common equity investment in a 6.3 million square foot industrial portfolio.
A registration statement relating to the offered securities has been declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"). The offering is being made only by means of a prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus. Copies of the preliminary prospectus supplement and the related prospectus for the proposed offering may be obtained by contacting: Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., Attention: Prospectus Group, 60 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005-2836, by calling (800) 503-4611, or by emailing email@example.com; or UBS Securities LLC, Attention: Prospectus Department, 299 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10171 or by calling (888) 827-7275.This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy the shares, nor shall it constitute an offer, solicitation or sale in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale is unlawful.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV