Orion Energy Systems, Inc. (NYSE MKT: OESX) ("Orion" or the "Company"), a leading designer and manufacturer of energy management systems consisting primarily of high-performance, energy-efficient lighting platforms, today announced financial results for its fiscal 2014 fourth quarter and year ended March 31, 2014.
- Total revenue for fiscal 2014 was $88.6 million, compared to $86.1 million in fiscal 2013.
- Total revenue for the fiscal 2014 fourth quarter declined to $12.6 million, from $22.3 million in the prior-year period, largely as a result of delayed lighting sales coupled with a decline in the number of solar projects under construction as Orion deemphasizes its non-core solar business.
- The Company continued to expand its penetration into the LED market, as product revenue from LED lighting systems increased 156.9% year over year to $4.8 million in fiscal 2014 and 117.6% year over year to $1.3 million in the fiscal 2014 fourth quarter. The Company believes that its LED lighting systems will be a primary driver of its sales during fiscal 2015.
- The Company continued to implement a number of cost-cutting initiatives throughout the year to increase efficiency and streamline costs, including consolidating all operations into its headquarters in Manitowoc. In the fourth quarter of fiscal 2014, the Company sold its leased corporate jet, resulting in expected savings of $1.0 million per year.
- Orion generated $9.9 million in net cash from operations during fiscal 2014 compared to $2.3 million during fiscal 2013. The Company’s working capital at March 31, 2014, was $33.1 million compared to $34.8 million at March 31, 2013.
John Scribante, Chief Executive Officer of Orion, stated, “We continued to make progress during fiscal 2014 through improved operating efficiencies and better positioning our Company to take advantage of a lighting retrofit marketplace with ample opportunity for growth. We have successfully undergone a transformation of Orion’s operations with the implementation of LEAN manufacturing processes, reorganization of the Company’s salesforce while increasing the number of salespeople to better serve Orion’s customers, and completion of the acquisition and integration of Harris Manufacturing and Harris LED to expand our product offering of LED and expand our customer base, all while generating $9.9 million in cash from operations during fiscal 2014. In the fourth quarter, we experienced a slower-than-expected adoption by potential customers of our newer LED product offerings and retrofit solutions that affected our sales in the short term. We believe this is due to larger national companies delaying the decision to integrate newer technologies as the LED advantages start to overtake existing infrastructure. Our pipeline of opportunities has been growing at unprecedented levels. We remain focused on expanding the value proposition of our core lighting solutions and are not dissuaded from our long-term objectives, nor do we feel that a longer timeline diminishes the progress our team has made since my appointment 18 months ago.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts