Cytori Therapeutics (NASDAQ: CYTX) today reports its first quarter 2014 financial results and provides updates on clinical development and commercialization activities.
Cytori achieved total product and government contract revenues for the first quarter ended March 31, 2014 of $1.4 million, compared to $1.9 million for the same period in 2013. As a result of previously implemented revisions to the revenue recognition policy, product revenues do not include $3.4 million in shipments to customers in the fourth quarter of 2013 and the first quarter of 2014, which are expected to be recognized as revenue in 2014. The Company did not record non-cash development revenue in the first quarter of 2014 as compared to $1.8 million in the first quarter of 2013. Total net loss was $10.4 million in the first quarter of 2014 compared with $7.7 million in the same period of 2013. Cytori ended the first quarter of 2014 with $12.8 million of cash and cash equivalents and $3.6 million in accounts receivable.
- Expanded ATHENA I to ten sites including Swedish Medical Center in Seattle and Christ Hospital in Cincinnati, enrollment continues at current sites;
- Initiated enrollment in ATHENA II at the first site with the total site complement expanded up to 12;
- Published European PRECISE heart failure trial data in the American Heart Journal;
- Scheduled In-Process Review (IPR) meeting to review completed BARDA deliverables for June 10, 2014; and
- Expanded global patent portfolio to a total of 125 patents, including two cardiovascular disease patents in select EU countries and a U.S. patent for wound healing.
“Our ATHENA trial enrollment is trending higher with the site specific support we are providing and additional sites coming online soon,” said Dr. Marc Hedrick, President and CEO of Cytori. “In addition, our In-Process Review meeting with BARDA has been scheduled in June to review the data showing the successful completion of our base objectives. Executing on these two top corporate priorities and enhancing the financial strength of the Company are my primary near term objectives.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts