Pulse Electronics Corporation (NYSE:PULS), a leading provider of electronic components, today reported results for its first quarter ended March 28, 2014.
First Quarter Highlights
- Net sales were $81.7 million, down 3.7 percent from $84.8 million in the prior-year quarter, and down 7.0 percent from $87.8 million in the fourth quarter.
- Operating loss (U.S. GAAP) was $1.4 million compared with a profit of $1.0 million in the prior-year quarter and a profit of $1.2 million in the fourth quarter.
- Non-GAAP operating profit was $0.1 million, compared with $1.6 million in the prior-year quarter and $2.2 million in the fourth quarter.
- Orders increased 6 percent compared with the prior-year quarter, and the book-to-ship ratio in the first quarter was 1.05.
- Completed exchange transactions for $20.7 million of outstanding convertible senior notes, as previously announced.
“While the industry environment remained challenging, our operating results for both revenue and non-GAAP operating profit this quarter were within our guidance, but lower both year over year and sequentially consistent with general industry conditions,” said Pulse Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Ralph Faison. “Orders in the quarter were nicely higher than revenue and ahead of last year’s trend. Smartphone demand remained weak as expected.“As has been widely reported across our industry by peers and analysts, order rates for network and power that began to strengthen late in the fourth quarter of 2013 continued to grow through the first quarter and provide a positive outlook for Pulse in the coming quarters,” added Mr. Faison. “We believe these increased orders will result in sequential revenue growth in coming months. At the same time, we expect the smartphone market to return to a more normal demand situation that should provide improved opportunity for wireless revenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV