AAMD Member Museums To Celebrate Art Museum Day On May 18
NEW YORK, May 12, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On May 18, the Association of Art Museum Directors (AAMD) member museums across the United States, Canada, and Mexico will offer free or reduced admission, special programs, and other initiatives as part of AAMD's fifth annual Art Museum Day. This year, 178 AAMD member museums across North America will celebrate Art Museum Day, marking the highest number of participating institutions yet.
"Art museums play a powerful role as community gathering places, bringing together people from all walks of life to experience the best of human creativity," said Chris Anagnos, Executive Director of AAMD. "This Art Museum Day, AAMD encourages everyone to discover the wide variety of programs available at your local art museum."
Art Museum Day emphasizes the essential role that art museums play in their communities, highlights the value of the visual arts in society, and provides new opportunities for audiences to participate in the wide-ranging programs offered by AAMD member museums. These member institutions—located across the United States, Canada, and Mexico—include regional museums as well as large international museums. As in past years, AAMD will encourage public participation by inviting visitors to share their learning experiences through social media platforms with the hashtag #ArtMuseumDay.
Nearly every state in the U.S. has at least one museum participating in Art Museum Day. A comprehensive list of participating AAMD member museums and programs is available on the AAMD website at https://aamd.org/our-members/from-the-field/art-museum-day-is-sunday-may-18. Note that while Art Museum Day is formally held each year on May 18, some institutions shift their celebrations to adjacent dates.Contact: Meryl Feinstein212-671-5161 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Association of Art Museum Directors
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV