- Ericsson is committed to OpenStack and contributes to building carrier grade capabilities on the open source platform
- Ericsson and AT&T will hold a joint technical session at the OpenStack Summit
- Ericsson to deploy OpenStack as a framework for its Network Function Virtualization (NFV) development
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, May 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ericsson (Nasdaq:ERIC), a premier sponsor of the OpenStack Summit, will show its commitment to the open source platform through a series of demonstrations and speaking engagements at the Summit on May 12-16, 2014 in Atlanta.
Ericsson and AT&T are evaluating OpenStack and will provide insight on "Leveraging OpenStack to Solve Telco Needs" in a joint speaking session on Tuesday, May 13 th at 2:50 pm. More information on this joint technical presentation can be found here.
OpenStack is an open and scalable operating system used for building public and private clouds. Ericsson embraces OpenStack and implements Network Function Virtualization (NFV) based on the open source in order to make the network more open for new innovative applications for the market.By adding carrier grade capabilities, Ericsson contributes to OpenStack, and expects to have more than 20 blueprints for the OpenStack Juno event. Such capabilities include; high availability features, resource allocation and optimization, carrier grade security features, software management and upgrade support, assurance and WAN orchestration. During the OpenStack Summit, Ericsson will demonstrate the Ericsson Virtual Enterprise and Residential Gateways, which are examples of integration of OpenStack into its Service Provider SDN solution. We will also demonstrate a charging system for OpenStack, based on the Ericsson online charging system. Ericsson is combining its network capabilities and services in the Real-Time Cloud to become the cloud transformation partner of choice for service providers. The Ericsson Real-Time Cloud elevates the combined characteristics of Cloud, NFV and SDN.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV