4 Ways to Get Beyond the Resume to Find Your First Good Job
Those numbers are expected to remain strong this fall, and what matters to each of those students (and to anxious parents who may be footing the bill) is: Can the economy accommodate them with a job in their chosen careers once they graduate?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of college graduates toiling in minimum wage jobs is roughly 71% higher today than in 2004. And the number of graduates with masters degrees working in part-time jobs is twice as high now as it was 12 years ago and three times higher than eight years ago.
That's an alarming trend, and there is only so much a college graduate can do about it. But what a graduate can do is hone and perfect the tools needed to land that all-important first career job out of school.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV