NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Watch Zillow's (Z) new TV advertisement, launched Monday, and tell me if you don't get the least bit teary-eyed, which, of course, I did. That was the intention of the online real estate company's third ad in its "Find Your Way Home" series, a national advertising campaign the company debuted last year.
For the first time, Zillow is also launching national radio spots and print advertising to go along with its latest TV ad as well as mobile and digital elements, the company said Monday. The TV spot, titled "Family Search," will air in two formats -- a 30-second spot and a 60-second spot. The launch is to coincide with the busy home shopping season, the company said.
Zillow attributed the TV campaign to its significant increase in site traffic. The company boasted record traffic to its Web site in the first quarter of 77 million at quarter's end. Additionally, April traffic hit 79 million unique users, up 50% from the prior year, driven by both its mobile app and Web platforms. Zillow said more than 460 million homes were viewed on Zillow via a mobile device, which equates to 178 homes per second.
"A key driver of Zillow's success lies in attracting audience and delighting our users with great products and services. In March, traffic hit a new high of 77 million monthly unique users as mobile usage more than doubled year over year, and April just broke that record, attracting 79 million unique users," Zillow's CEO Spencer Rascoff said in last week's earnings release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV