An Utterly Magnificent Look at Every Bull and Bear Market in History: StockTwits.com
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- In today's post we are sharing a very special chart.
It shows a complete history of every bull and bear market since the early 1920s.
There's a huge amount of perspective and history to take away from this chart. Foremost, there have been 9 huge bull markets over the last 100 years and 8 notable bear markets. If you think the current bull market is unsustainable, you should first know that it pales in comparison to what has transpired in the past. Throughout the 1940s and 1950s the market climbed more than 935%. In the 1980s and 1990s the market climbed 816% over 153 months.
If you're a market aficionado then this is the kind of chart that you will want to bookmark, print out, or hang on your wall. It's an incredibly powerful way to gauge and compare bull and bear markets:
A history of bull markets in one Morningstar chart. $SPY http://stks.co/g0bAZ ? Jerry Kerns (@jerrykerns) May. 9 at 12:49 PMIf you enjoyed this article make sure to follow the author on Twitter and StockTwits This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV