NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- IsoRay (ISR) rose Monday after the medical technology company announced it had received final approval from the State of Washington Department of Health to manufacture its Liquid Cesium-131, or Cesitrex.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recently approved Liquid Cesium-131 to use with GliaSite balloon catheters to treat metastatic and glioblastoma brain cancers.
"Management believes this combination will offer a number of advantages in treating these debilitating brain cancers," the company said in a statement. "Liquid Cesium-131 eliminates the need for a thyroid block as required with Iodine-125, is safer for the patient and staff, and if a spill were to occur, it is an easier cleanup than with other isotopes."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The stock was up 10.87% to $2.55 at 11:02 a.m. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV